2019 Annual Program
Designing Student-Centered Learning Experiences
Friday, June 21, 2019 | 9:15 am - 3:15 pm
New England Institute of Technology, East Greenwich, RI
As traditional ideas about pedagogy and library involvement in student learning grow in complexity, librarians are exploring new instructional approaches. Student-centered learning is a guiding principle that calls for a shift in the focus of instruction from the teacher to the needs and knowledge of students. This approach requires librarians to be intentional about centering classroom activities on student learning.
Please note that we won't be using disposable water bottles this year, so we encourage you bring a reusable water bottle!
Contact email@example.com with any questions.
|9:15 - 9:45||
Registration and breakfast
|9:45 - 10:30||
Breakout Session I
|10:30 - 10:45||
|10:45 - 11:30||
Breakout Session II
|11:30 - 12:45||
|12:45 - 2:00||
Remarks and Keynote by Carrie Salazar
|2:00 - 2:15||
|2:15 - 3:00||
|3:00 - 3:15||
Directions, Rideshare & Parking
1 New England Tech Blvd
East Greenwich, RI 02818
Directions to NEIT are available on their website: https://www.neit.edu/About-Us/Visit/Maps-and-Directions.
Rideshare: we've set up a carpool that you can use to offer to drive or to request a ride. This is a great way to make connections, and be kind to the environment! Please note that NELIG is not responsible for monitoring or organizing the rides.
Parking: park in any spot at NEIT that is not reserved.
The following hotels are close to the NEIT campus:
- Extended Stay America - West Warwick, RI
- Spring Hill Suites by Marriott - West Warwick, RI
- Comfort Suites - West Warwick, RI
Conference Planning Committee
- Nick Beams, Pomfret Public Library
- Jenny Castel, Johnson & Wales University
- Kayla Del Biondo, New Canaan Library
- Kelly Faulkner, Stonehill College
- Shanti Freundlich, MCPHS University
- Katie Harding, Dartmouth College
- Martha Kruy, Central Connecticut State University
- Ariela McCaffrey, Connecticut College
- Carolyn Michaud, Massachusetts Maritime Academy
- Heather Perry, Stonehill College
- Megan Rupe, Bay State College
- Morgan Swan, Dartmouth College