New England Education and Curriculum Librarians
- To provide the first Northeast network for education and curriculum librarians who are serving academic teacher education programs. This network will improve communication and collaboration between specialized librarians in the region.
- To organize bi-annual meetings of members from both public and private institutions on topics relevant to librarian support of Education programs (see examples below).
- To develop and facilitate professional development opportunities for members.
- To build collaborative relationships with other ACRL SIGs and Curriculum Collection Groups.
January 14, 2022, 9:00am - 12:00pm: Looking Back / Moving Forward: Deselection and Design in Curriculum Collections
During our Winter Meeting, ACRLNE NEECLIG will be focusing on refreshing curriculum materials collections through thoughtful deselection and then on looking at innovative ways of designing collections into the future for the needs of teacher candidates and Education Programs. Join us and three guest speakers for a stimulating discussion about the challenges and different options open to curriculum collection managers.
- Maria Zarycky, IMC Librarian/Associate Professor, Long Island University Post
- Kieran Ayton, Emerging Technologies Librarian, Rhode Island College
- Karen Capraro, Professor, Rhode Island College
Questions? Contact Corinne Ebbs at firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership: The Interest Group will consist of ACRL NEC members who have expressed an interest in curriculum materials as well as others involved in collections that support k-12 learning. The SIG Co-Chairs, Secretary, and Treasurer will be appointed each spring from the membership.
Lucas Hall, Secretary
Reference and Instruction Librarian
University of Massachusetts Boston
100 Morrissey Blvd.
Boston, MA 02125
New members welcomed! Let us know if you would like an opportunity to meet with like-minded professionals in your field. Please reach out to Lucas if you are interested in joining this group.
Racism-and-childrens-literature-List-of-Sources.docx | docx | 29 KB | Last changed: 12/10/2021 9:55am