- Members of ACRL New England Chapter are welcome to join NELIG or any other special interest group (SIG) for no additional cost.
- ACRL National members are required to register with the Chapter annually and meet the member eligibility requirements in order to receive Chapter benefits.
- Non-ACRL National members are welcome to join ACRL New England Chapter for a nominal annual fee.
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook!
Join Us! 2020 Volunteer Opportunities
We are currently recruiting for two Co-Chair Elects to serve from June 2020 until June 2022. Members typically join the Board into “elect” positions for one year where they can learn the flow of the organization’s calendar and planning. In the second year, elect officers transition into their full roles. Lots of support is available for emerging leaders, and this is a fantastic opportunity to get some leadership on your resume.
The position of Co-Chair Elect is a 2-year appointment:
Co-Chair Elect (2 open positions)
In the first year, you attend Board meetings and assist with planning. One Co-Chair Elect will also serve as Co-Chair of the Annual Program Planning Committee. In the second year, you run the organization. One Co-Chair of NELIG must also attend ACRL-NEC Board Meetings and provide regular updates about NELIG activities.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with interest, questions or for a full position description.
The NELIG-L listserv is a means for NELIG members to communicate with each other between meetings, but it is open to anyone interested in discussing issues related to library instruction.
- To subscribe, send a message to Sheila Lafferty at Sheila.email@example.com. Simply note that you would like to be added to the NELIG-L listserv. Once your request is processed, you will receive a response to let you know you are on the list.
- To send messages to the list, send them to NELIG-L@listserv.uconn.edu. The list is not moderated and only those who are members may post. Do not send any advertisements, solicitations, etc., which do not relate to library instruction or libraries in general (in other words, no spamming). We also urge you not to use the list to express radical opinions, to threaten anyone, or do anything else of an evil nature. Such acts could be grounds or expulsion from the list.
- To unsubscribe, send a message toSheila Lafferty at Sheila.firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply indicate that you would like to be unsubscribed from the list. Once your request is processed , you will receive a response to let you know you have been deleted from the list
Please send all NELIG inquires to our email address at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
There are many ways to get involved with NELIG. Have an idea that you don't see here? We'd love to hear it! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the NELIG Board
Interested in serving as a NELIG board member? Join the listserv and watch for the annual call for volunteers each spring. Email email@example.com any time with questions about upcoming leadership opportunities.
Join the Annual Program Committee
The Annual Program Committee helps the NELIG board plan the Annual Program in June. To join the committee, attend the business meeting after the Fall Program or email firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer.
Host a NELIG Event
Would your library or institution like to host a NELIG event? Email email@example.com to volunteer.
Present at a NELIG Event
Want to present or participate in a panel discussion? Email us or join the listserv and keep an eye out for calls for proposals.