ACRL Roadshow: Scholarly Communication, From Understanding to Engagement
8:30am - 4:30pm
Time: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., further details
Place: Bates College, Muskie Archive Building, Muskie Room (201)
Register now [Registrations accepted until Friday, April 13, 2018, or until event maximum is reached (100)]
Cost: Free; on-site lunch is included. Please note food allergies when registering.
Accommodations: Accommodations in the Lewiston area.
The program frames key issues in scholarly communication, offering participants practical strategies across a range of scholarly communication topics. Workshop leaders will guide participants in the in-depth examination of the following scholarly communications topics:
- Copyright best practices: creating, managing and working with copyrighted scholarship
- Measuring research impact
- Research Data Management
In addition to the above topics, attendees will gain insights into:
- best practices for supporting and working with faculty on various publication agreements
- scholarly communication outreach strategies and programming for faculty, staff, students
- contextualizing and articulating collection development decisions
- initiating and supporting new models for scholarly communication in libraries
- Anali Maughan Perry, Associate Librarian for Collections and Scholarly Communication, Arizona State University
- Rachael G. Samberg, Scholarly Communication Officer, UC Berkeley
Who Should Attend
The Colby/Bates/Bowdoin Libraries welcome the opportunity for broad engagement with our regional academic library community on critical issues relating to scholarly communication. The workshop is appropriate for librarians and staff with current responsibilities that involve scholarly communication (e.g. open access, copyright, data management, digital publishing, liaison outreach with faculty) as well as library staff and others who seek to advance their professional development in scholarly communication in academic libraries.
About the program: Sue O'Dell, Science Librarian, Bowdoin College
About local arrangements: Krystie Wilfong, Associate College Librarian for Collection Management and Scholarly Communications, Bates College
For more information, see ACRL Scholarly Communication Roadshow